Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Sale #2: Sunlit Poppies

These poppies were out in front of my in-laws house, and when we pulled up to visit one day the sun was shining right through them and I was enchanted. Painting those gorgeous, light-as-air petals was a true joy. I loved that although they were a brilliant solid red, the sunshine made them appear to be a smooth spectrum of yellows, oranges, and reds. It was perfect for watercolor! Painting in the greenery was slightly less thrilling, but it actually went quicker than I expected because I was motivated by living up to the blossoms (my husband confessed he thought I never would finish them). I think I must've been more patient back then, because I can't imagine sitting down to do all those stems now! But I did and it worked (in my opinion at least). This is an original 9 x 12 watercolor and gouache on watercolor paper.
Buy it Unframed for $175 + $9.95 Shipping
or
Framed (Black 14 x 18 frame, white mat, and UV protective glass) for $215 + $9.95 Shipping


--Now only available at The Dalles Art Center (http://www.thedallesartcenter.org/)--

No comments:

Post a Comment