Monday, August 15, 2011

Poco a poco

Ok I confess. I haven't been painting a ton lately. It's summer and we spend a lot of time playing out in the hot sun and that zaps my energy more than usual leaving me little left at the end of the day. Or at least that's my attempt at an excuse. I'm not totally lazy though. I did make a fantastic Rachael Ray's BLT Bowtie dinner and some awesome blueberry muffins during nap time. Totally beside the point I know, but it was yummy and I just needed to pat myself on the back for something because I'm not feeling it with the painting. Here's what I got done the other night:
And then tonight I got a little more done. Doesn't look like I did much, does it? And I'm not so sure about it. Kinda feels like it's lost its way a little or I've lost my excitement for it or something.  I'm not ready to give up but it's not reading well to me. But then again, there's a lot more to do and the middle of the painting process is always the toughest for me. What do you do when you feel like a painting isn't working? I ate an extra blueberry muffin and that didn't even help. Any better suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Alisha I think it looks beautiful. What aren't you happy with? I love the shapes you've created with the waves. And I think the colors work really well together. It looks a little looser than most of your work but I LIKE that a lot. hmmmmm. . . suggestions? I guess I pray, or start on something else that I AM excited about. If I'm not feeling it I put it aside for now and move on to something else just to keep me moving. The longer I stay away from painting, even a painting I'm frustrated with, the harder it is to pick it back up again, as I'm sure you know.

    Blueberry muffins sound so yummy right now too! Can't imagine why that didn't work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it is fabulous just as it is! I love the shapes in the water which is full of movement and light and gives it a semi-abstract feel. Marvelous! And no need to fiddle which is a mistake I make SO often! :0)

    ReplyDelete