Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tulip demo

So last week's class was great except for some serious technology issues. Curses for relying on technology! I should know better, seriously. Computers have always hated me. It's possible they have to do with the wrong side of my brain. But that aside, we looked at a bunch of extremely inspiring floral paintings on websites or blogs that I frequent, penciled in our new challenge and I demoed how to get started. Clearly all I did was get started, as there is a whole lot of white space left. But I chose this fantastic photo with such amazing lighting. I love it when the sun glows through a red flower, in this case a tulip, and turns it fiery orange and brilliant yellow. It's eye candy. The real challenge is translating that glorious awesomeness to my paper! Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment