Thursday, July 14, 2011

For the Newlyweds

Now that it's finished, here's wishing you guys a happy marriage! Congrats. I hope you like it. Painting water is so my favorite thing to do with watercolors. Watching reflections in person is so mesmerizing, and it so looks like a constantly changing painting across the water. Like God's finger is just playing with the colors. And reflections do the most fascinating things. For example, those small little lights reflected nearly across the whole river. And made a rather so-so painting into something more lively and exciting. It was way fun to paint and I'm pretty happy with the result. Especially because I think it evokes that "there's no place like home" feeling, and a love for home that I was hoping for.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! The reflections turned out quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain or shine - Portland is a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete