Saturday, June 25, 2011

How do you say 'finished' in Polish?

Good weekend! I won an honorable mention ribbon at the Festival of the Arts for my Columbia Gorge painting, which, by the way, I repainted the water the night before finishing it somewhere around 2 AM. Good times. And then we framed it an hour before we brought it to the competition. That's how we work.
And I worked a bunch more on the Warsaw painting, inspired by all the art I saw at the Festival, and by a good night's sleep and a Saturday filled with free time to paint.
And I even finished it.Yeah! It went so much quicker this time!! I guess having a real plan does save time later. I did make some changes though. I think the best improvements are the new chairs, the separation between the trees and lamp posts, and the striped whatever-it's-called over the front door. What do you think? Do you agree it's better?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watercolor is beautiful, your son is handsome and his mother is proud of both. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award! And the new painting looks beautiful, I think the changes you made were perfect. :)

    P.S. I also belong to the last minute framers club. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really love the new one!! I thought the other was great but then after looking at this one I love the chairs and that there are more lamp posts...and I love all the flower boxes. I think this one turned out AWESOME! Not that the last one wasn't, but I am definitely liking the second painting! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is completely gorgeous! I love the colours, those lanterns and also the suggestion of the restaurant name above the entrance. I think it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete