Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Commission!

Having a commission is such an ideal situation because it means there is actually a paycheck at the end of the painting! Here's what I got done tonight when I finally got going:
It's this charming street corner in Warsaw from a photo a friend took with commissioning a painting from me in mind. I'm really happy to do it for her, and I look forward to being done because if it's anything like my Venice ones, I'll be proud of the final product. But the meticulous detail, the straight lines, and the perspective are always tricky. I wish I could figure out how to loosen it up and still make it work. Either way, I've given myself a deadline of Father's Day weekend when I'll have the chance to give it to her. And then I can perhaps get around to painting my sister's wedding present before her first anniversary...

No comments:

Post a Comment