Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ah, Italia

So liking my Warsaw painting made me want to try to quickly paint a few more European architecture ones. My gallery is all out of my Italy paintings because they've all sold so it would be a good idea to replace them with a few as well. Funny how they're people's favorites when I feel they're not very unique or creative, nor the most fun to paint. So I am trying to challenge myself to put a little more me into it this time if possible, despite the fact that it's not even a pic that I took (It's a photo taken by my family last year when they went to Italy. ¡Cómo me encantaría ir a Italia para tomar mis propias fotos!). Funny how looking at the painting-in-progress on the computer next to the photo helps me see some things, like the imperfect perspective. But I do like the color I've added, and hope the composition is strong enough. I've gotta admit I'm a little scared of the domes, but what's the point in "challenging" myself if I stay in my comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment