Saturday, July 23, 2011

Still needing a title...

 So after a week of packing and moving and unpacking, and then leaving on a family vacation that had been planned way before we knew we were going to move, I've finally been able to get my brushes back out and even post again. And painting makes it feel like a vacation to me, helped out by the gorgeous weather we're enjoying on the Oregon Coast. Only downside would be all the sand my baby keeps trying to eat, but what can you do. Anyway, about the painting. I always do a plain blue gradient sky but I decided to try to put some clouds in, and they were a pleasant surprise. All the architecture came along quickly, which was also nice. Then I got to move on to the greenery and the water - my favorites!
It feels like a lovely place to be. I don't think it's the best water I've done, but I really like the statues and the colors. I pumped them up quite a bit from the photo, which I included, because I tend to do that. I can't help it; I just like color a lot. I don't see the world as being muted or drab and sometimes I might take it too far in the other direction, but I'd rather that than risk being hum drum. Like always, I'd welcome any suggestions. Is there anything you don't like or that doesn't work? Is the brightness too much? Reflection interesting? Perspective believable?

No comments:

Post a Comment