Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Reflections x2!

I haven't been painting a lot lately but I bought a little sketchbook and have been sketching my kids daily, in kind of a visual journal of little things we've been up to. I'm totally out of practice! But it feels good to be stretching those muscles a little, getting back to basics. Now if only they'd stay still long enough for me to get a good drawing in 😉 
One way or the other though, it got me inspired. That and a beautiful sunny day today that seemed to just leave us all in a happier mood. So I pulled out an old photograph - I think it's from 4 or 5 years ago. I don't usually do this but I'll share the inspiration photo here:
I'm so drawn to this peaceful scene with the crystal reflection but I've never actually sat down to paint it. After a few thumbnail sketches designed to help me choose the best composition, I remembered why - I can't decide how I want to go about it. So I didn't choose! I taped two pieces of paper down, side-by-side and got started painting the same picture twice. At the same time! Never done that before but I'm happy with the results so far. Funny how they don't look at all the same so far!

Can't wait to see where it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment