Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Sale #6: Morning Solitude in Warsaw

This is a smaller version of a commission I painted for a friend and customer. I wanted to get warmed up and figure out the perspective (which wasn't a ton of fun - so much precision!) so I did it small first and then went a bit larger for her. I love the colors. And the peaceful feeling. I would love to sit down at that outdoor cafe and watch the street come alive. Or to wake up in one of those upper rooms and throw the windows open and look down at the charming cobblestone road below. One can dream, right? Isn't it great that art helps us do so?
Morning Solitude in Warsaw is a 15 x 11 watercolor on watercolor paper.
Buy it Unframed for $215 + $9.95 Shipping
or
Buy it Framed for $250 (20 x 16 Black wooden frame with red accents, single white mat and UV protective glass) for $ + $9.95 Shipping


--Now only available at The Dalles Art Center (http://www.thedallesartcenter.org/)--

Contact me with questions or leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Love this piece Alisha!! So glad to find your blog, thanks for commenting on mine:) Great painting and I love your bio, we have much in common:) You have 1 more munchkin than me but you'll find me in the wee hours painting away! Love your phrase,if something has to hit the fan it may as well be paint, very funny!! Glad to meet you and can't wait to visit often:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie! I've been following your blog for awhile and have been so impressed with how prolific you are, and how great your work is. It's encouraging to me to see other moms of young kiddos accomplish so much! Helps me get off my duff when I feel worn out and get to work :)

    ReplyDelete