Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Victory!!

It's done. I'm happy with it too. The photo isn't great so you might not be able to see the changes I made to the sky and water. There are some minor things in the trees too, but I think it's done. I think it tied it together a bit more. You know what helped? I taped it to the wall and after glancing at it on and off throughout the day I knew the sky needed more depth. Taping unfinished and unsuccessful paintings to the wall really inspires me to pull out my paints and fix the problems. It's one of the ways I deal with painter's block. So I finished and then vegged on the couch listening to my book on tape, Room, by Emma Donoghue while my hubbie played Wii. The voice for the little boy in the book is hard to listen to. Sad because we just finished listening to The Hunger Games and the voice was great there (the story too), and before that The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society which in my opinion wins the award for the best voiced audio ever. The story possibly breaks into my all-time favorites list, and the charming voices with their accents really helped I think. Anyway, that's one of the things I do while painting. And then the painting I do always reminds me of that book. Kinda how episodes of Lost, or even just that Hulu voice makes me smell lice shampoo. Unfortunate, but true. Anyway, do you agree that it's finished or can you see anything still needed? Suggestions? Still needing a title. I was thinking possibly Life on the Cliff. Or In the Shadow of the Cliff. Or In Shade and Sun. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment